i hate green beans.
i might be the pickiest person i've ever met.
i love dr. pepper.
i am marrying the least pickiest person i've ever met.
i love writing.
i love the book Spilling Open. I have read it 15+ times.
i have the most amazing siblings ever.
i have a mom that is a saint.
i am weird in that my birthday is my favorite numbers. 5 & 15.
i am marrying my best friend.
i have the cutest nieces and nephew in the world.
i have the exact same color eyes as my fiance. its not a common color.
i am quite clumsy.
i am a writer, if i don't write, it all stays bottled up.
i love working with kids.
i love listening to people spill their emotions.
i am bothered by people who chew with their mouths open.
i love music- all kinds. pure voices give me the goosebumps.
i was in choir for 5 years.
i am healthiest i have been in over 4 years. (as in not sick, physical ailments don't count.)
i love cinnamon scent.
i had casts on both my feet when i was 2.
i picked my wedding dress already.
i am the luckiest aunt in the world.
i am becoming more and more open and myself.
i can't wait to share my whole life with mike.
2 names you go by
2 parts of your heritage
2 things that scare you
1. spiders & bugs of all sorts
2. not being good enough
2 of your everyday essentials
2. dr. peppper
2 things you are wearing right now
1. new shirt
2. a diamond ring
2 of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment)
1. Colbie Caillait
2. hm. and all country
2 favorite songs (at the moment)
1. Rhianna --I hate that i love you
2. Little Big Town-- Bring it on home
2 things you want in a relationship (other than real love)
2. real deep and loving coversations
1. i love mike
2. i miss amy.tim.jill.jim.sage.emerson. i wish they would come back.
2 physical things that appeal to you in the opposite sex
2 of your favorite hobbies
2. listening to music & SINGING
2 things you want really badly
1. um. a deep massage.
2. i'm craving some really good food right now...Mac & cheese...the shapes :)
2 places you want to go on vacation
2. somewhere with great weather
2 things you want to do before you die
1. get married (i'm almost there...may 3rd)
2. have babies
2 ways that you are stereotypically a dude/chick
1. my hands are always freezing.
2. i LOVE a walk to remember :) & the Sisterhood of the traveling pants
2 things you are thinking about now
2 stores you shop at
2 people i would like to see take this quiz
Half day at work.
cleaned the house.
jill.jim.sage.emerson.amy & tim all came in town.
so happy they all came & spent time over here!
wake up 5:30.
mike picked me up at 6.
drove to the mountains near usery pass.
parked looking over the town lights.
waited to watch the sun rise.
got out of the truck to stand and watch.
He got down on one knee.
i said shut up...(like no way!)
and he said...mindy would you like to be my wife?
i said yes before he could finish.
and he slipped the ring on my finger.
we got back in the truck (it was 34 degrees outside!!)
and we finished watching the sun rise.
once it was up & called my family to tell them the good news :)
we went to breakfast at The Farmhouse in downtown Gilbert...with Amy, Tim, traci & scott to celebrate.
THEN...Traci,Mike and I were getting in his truck to head to Discount Card & Jamba...and i smashed her GOOD foot in the truck door. thankfully it is only bruised. i was a wreck, thinking i broke it and she'd be in a wheel chair.
after icing it...
we headed back out. this time, i sat in the backseat on the drivers side.
we went to mikes parents after that.
then headed to traci's to help her set up for her little shin dig.
on the way home from that, at around 9, we were about a mile away from home, and mikes transmission went out. Thankfully his good friend John, was able to come with a tow strap and pull us back to his Diesel Shop. We ended up getting home around 11:30.
it was a LONG. EVENTFUL day...so i'm on top of the world.
and i found out this morning, my dad accidentally hit the front of my car. My sisters broke the news to me, the didn't wait to do it yesterday!
Basically...i'm the luckiest girl in the world :)
ok. i was tagged by JILL.
so here it goes...5 random facts about me.
1. i eat ketchup with my moms tacos.
2. i'm JUST learning how to voice the way i feel, instead of holding it all in.
3. my boyfriend and i are both the youngest in our families.
4. i have horrible circulation, so my hands are always SO cold. (theres a theory i got cold hands so someone would have to hold them.)
5. i am so white i am translucent. (thanks mom)
& there is no one for me to tag. so have a great day!
& jill did this quiz. so i decided to do it.
|You Are An INFJ|
You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision - no matter what it is.
You are an excellent listener, with almost infinite patience.
You have complex, deep feelings, and you take great care to express them.
In love, you truly see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.
You enjoy relationships as long as they are improving and changing. You can't stand stagnation.
At work, you stay motivated and happy... as long as you are working toward a dream you support.
You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.
How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful
When other people don't get you, they see you as: Manipulative, weak, and unstable
"Love is a journey not a destination."
"You can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth."
"What's meant to be will always find a way."
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8
"The love we give away is the only love we keep. "
"Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. "
After a completely rough day at work yesterday, it was a great day today!
We were walking back into the school & Morgan was going to open the door to get back inside & her hand slipped and she fell on the ground. She was startled and on the verge of tears, so when all of us got back inside, Tucker said to Morgan, It's Ok, falls happen.
And i had to write that down. It applies in so many more ways than just literally falling on the ground. I thought of a hardship, a bad day, bad choices, things that are out of your control. But nonetheless they are all falls. and "It's OK, falls happen."
today was a good day.
believe everything will work out for the best.
believe in yourself.
believe in God.
believe in your family.
believe that there is definitely a greater plan for you than you have for yourself.
believe that no matter what, your family has your back.
believe that life goes on. no matter what.
just believe that starting a new chapter in my life might make me uneasy, but its alright.
this is what life is all about--- new experiences
monday: went to the park, fed ducks, wrote in my journal. i bought myself a shirt that says: Follow New Trails-& has a dove on it.- from aero. & scrapped a page of my emotions.
tuesday: took a three hour nap.
Thursday: i bought myself some soft m&m cookies. went with tawni to grandpa & nanas for grandpas bday. went to dennys to celebrate his bday. (yes, we are basically family :)
Friday: went and held cute baby Easton while Traci & Scott & his bro & wife played tennis. then i got my turn of trying it out. i didn't do quite as horrible as i imagined. (or as they imagined either)
Saturday: i bought crest whitening strips. i went and got a much needed hair cut. Tawni dyed my hair --->its dark brown again with the slightest hint of red.i played tag in Walmart with Tawni, her aunt Christie and her grandma last night.
today: going to the park. going to write in my journal. and just breathe.
its okay to do something for yourself. if you can simply have 10 minutes to just breathe, create, write, whatever makes you feel good. do it.
*work is interesting- its keeps me on my toes. never know what to expect from morgan.
i have found a new song i really like. from the previous american idol winner...Jordan Sparks. its called Tattoo: (despite the fact i REALLY wanted blake to win.... )
and you can find it HERE
anyways... i am taking it easy. Thought i was getting sick this week, but i feel better thankfully.
I don't have insurance till Sept. 18, since i have to work 90 days before i get it through the GPS District. Kind of sucks since i have such a crappy immune system. but i pray i can hold out just a month without getting sick.
Things that keep me excited:
*Tawni Crowe (my best friend) just got hired to work at Houston Elm.& will be starting in 3 weeks!!! SOOOO excited.
*Christmas this year!! all siblings, spouses, and their children here. SO STOKED!!
*Sept 23rd...Jill & Sage & Emerson COMING!! Wooohoo! for a WEEK!
*I just got my free scrapping stamps in the mail i won. can't wait to use them.
*I am reading Twilight. its 500 pgs, and i'm on 350 i think. Started it last week. Can't wait to finish and start the next in the series.
*OH and my hair is officially getting long. i can put it ALL up :) woohoo.
I'm going to get my toes painted and my car washed now. Much needed : BOTH!
& THANKS JILL for my new super cool header :)
I hope you have a fantabulous day :)
p.s. my sister just sent me the link to THIS and i didn't even remember i did it way back in 2005. go check it out.
EDIT: I finished Twilight yesterday, I read the last 150 pages :) AND i found out that it is Janelle Dewitts AUNT that wrote em!! (AMY...that was for you! haha)
* I got dropped from the only class i was signed up for.
* I have a huge knot in my shoulder- i guess work has been stressing me out a tad.
* I am just feeling a little down this morning.
* I miss my sisters. a lot.
* I have mystery bruises on the back of both my legs. some are rather large.
* I had some stressful dreams last night.
* I haven't been sleeping very well the past week or so.
things that are just dandy:
* I got to sleep in today.
* It is the weekend.
* I laughed harder than I had in a long time last night at chili's with work friends
*** Thanks Diana for making me laugh.
* I have a wonderful relationship with all my sisters.
* I found out today that my sister Jill & sage & emerson are coming in Sept. and that pretty much makes my life THAT much better :)
* I haven't been sick in appx a month.
* Traci and i have a good relationship and i love working with her.
* I've been scrapping a whole lot more lately & it makes me feel a sense of accomplishment.
* My parents signed on a house. on warner & signal butte.
anyways...i'll be posting a song quite often, although Droplets is still my favorite & i can't stop listening to it. but here is a new song i love too.
not exactly. my mom had a student & just really liked the name
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
um, last week maybe?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
sometimes.when i can take my time.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
yeah. i think.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
yeah kinda a lot.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
yeah sadly - its about time they take em out eh?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
oh yeah maybe ha ha
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
not usually. i normally don't wear ones that tie though
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I can be at times.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
my feet. its true.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
i miss my sisters & niece & nephew (oh and my bro-in-laws of course :)
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
jeans. & polka dot slip on fake vans :)
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
hamburger & then ice cream.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Droplets--- Colbie Caillat & Jason Reeves
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
vanilla. pineapple. cinnamon
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
err...how bout bowling :) he he
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
depends. i like different stuff. but SUBWAY is a fav :)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
American Dreamz...and i didn't like it :)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
hugs and kisses
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Spilling Open & also Write it Down- Make it Happen
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
i can't remember, something at Traci's
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
mm lil kids giggling
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
i sing? and i scrap :)
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE?
Definitely super speed. get everything done quickly when i need to.
i remember the most...
- dancing with Sage to honky tonk badonkadonk. shaking her booty (attempting)
- falling asleep to Let them Be Little by billy dean.
- getting emerson to fall asleep- or calm down.
- making sage a peanut butter (& accidentally jelly) and her making the most disgusted face. who knew?!
- emerson giggling.
- sage telling me DADDYS work. and so confused why i was leaving. oh that was hard.
- reading sage a bed time story- her falling asleep before i get halfway done.
- sage waking up next to me.
OKAY. i miss jill/jim & amy/tim lots too.
- late night scrapping with jill.
- watching movies with amy & tim.
- tim & jim doing their gay impressions together. haha.
- scrumptious family dinners with jims roast & jills mashed potatoes.
- dominos pizza.
- having an escape from home (you know what i mean)
- tims humor.
- REAL family dinners. with all of you there.
- birthdays & holidays.
i'm afraid i don't know what i'd do without that.
I LOVE YOU.
This video...well just watch & listen. its my new fav & has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this post, OR anything in my life. but i love it :)