3.02.2011

strength unknown

I know to anyone who has been through this- there isnt anything anyone can say that "makes it all better", these wounds take time to heal. you have to find strength within yourself to find peace in the adversity & find a place in your heart to heal. it keeps playing in my mind (maybe you find it odd, but its very real to me), a peace sign; that has been shattered and broken- and then pieced back together. it surely didn't happen overnight. it happened because i let it. slowly.
 everyone has trials. everyone has these heart wrenching experiences. everyone has a choice. we can choose to be hurt. we can choose to be angry. we can choose to be sad. i believe that those are steps we have to go through in the healing process. but part of it is embracing the hardship, and letting it make us stronger. i choose to be stronger. i cannot let this experience drag me down. yes, every step will have its moments of sadness- but there will be a time when i can look back and realize i made the best of what i was dealt.
Ecclesiastes 3: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven....
a time to break down, and a time to build up....A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;"

Joseph B Worthlin said:
“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. "

“But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. “No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come."

 
he also said "Every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don't sing and bells don't ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together
when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true
strength.”
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you
really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived
through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must
do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to
pick one of those pieces up and begin again.  ~Flavia

 I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.  ~Jewish Proverb
"The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter."
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead
and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see.Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
~Dr. Seuss

p.s. this is my journal. these are my feelings & the quotes that help in my healing.

7 comments:

Nat & Tommy said...

Mindy.. I just saw your blog for the first time in awhile.. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I can't even imagine how hard it is but you seem to have an amazing attitude about it. Continue to stay strong... please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

kate said...

oh mindy. this is beautiful. i'm so sorry for what your going through. i can't imagine the feelings you must be feeling right now. i think about you alot and pray for you often. i really hope your healing well. i love you mindy.

the "sunday will come" quote has been one of my favorites for a few years. i was in the conference center when he gave that talk...

Lindsay Riggs said...

You're doing great, Mindy! Keep being strong!

Tim and Amy said...

keep holding your head high. and don't be afraid to take breaks. i love you and am here for you.

ecc 3 is a great one.

jill s said...

i love you so much girlie!!
i wish that i was there so much.

you are amazing...

Mom said...

This is beautiful--you have a way with words! Love the quotes too! Wish you didn't have to go through this but you are getting stronger and I'm proud of you! Love you!

Traci said...

Love the quotes. Love you