2.13.2011

breathe

i never thought at age 22 i could go through so much. 
i never thought i could feel so many deep emotions.
i never thought i would be going through a divorce.
i never thought i would feel this way, its too hard to describe.
i never thought i could get through this. 


3-4 weeks ago, i didnt think i would get through this. & honestly felt God was giving me something i COULDNT handle. 


i never thought i'd ever want so badly to be 5 again.
i never thought i'd feel so much hurt. so much pain. so much heartache.
i never thought i'd get to this point of feeling again that "God won't give me anything i can't handle"- (i just wish he didnt trust me so much) i'm a believer now. if you asked me 3 weeks ago- i questioned it.


thank you family. thank you friends. for kind words. for not judging. for being good listeners. 

quote by president  DIETER F. UCHTDORF:
"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop.
There are those among you who, although young, have already suffered a full measure of grief and sorrow. My heart is filled with compassion and love for you. How dear you are to the Church. How beloved you are of your Heavenly Father. Though it may seem that you are alone, angels attend you. Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us; He did it for you. You are not alone."
If you ever feel your burden is too great to bear, lift your heart to your Heavenly Father, and He will uphold and bless you. He says to you, as He said to Joseph Smith, “[Your] adversity and [your] afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if [you] endure it well, God shall exalt [you] on high.” 


Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?


Hope is the feeling we have- that the feeling we have is not permanent.  ~Mignon McLaughlin


“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...” ralph waldo emerson







my word for the year has changed... it is now BREATHE. just  breathe. breathe. breathe.

18 comments:

Hilary said...

Mindy, you are seriously amazing. I've been thinking about you lately, you are going to make it though this i promise. I wish I was there so I could do something. God knew you could handle this, you are so strong! Please call me if you need ANYTHING!

Tahnee said...

i LOVE you miss mindy!!
your the best! you have been in my thoughts a lot too lately! let know if there is anything i can do for you!!! keep your head high!

Traci said...

I love you!

Mom said...

I'm still praying for you! I'm glad you know that Heavenly Father is there to help you and you can do this! I love you!

Heather said...

You're a Fabulouse woman and I know with out a doubt everyone is root'n for you. Even Heavenly Father.

Suzanne Maughan said...

Mindy, I had no idea. Oh my goodness, my heart is about to pound out of my chest right now. I am so sorry for not really being around since high school and only seeing you maybe once a year. I am here if you need someone. I know it's hard to let others know when you need help or just need a friend, but I'm not just typing this to be polite.
I love you, Mindy. I am so sorry you are going through this right now.

Brooks Family ♥ said...

Mindy...

I had no idea. I am so sorry. Honestly reading your post has brought tears to my eyes.. you are so strong and so brave... As I have gone through all the trials in my life I would too always remind myself... He wont give me anything i cant handle.. and "he never said it would be easy, he only said it would be worth it." You are so strong, and you will be blessed for this trial. You are in my prayers, and if you need anything at all please dont hesitate to ask!

Lindsay Riggs said...

So glad you found that quote from Pres. Uchtdorf. You are strong and we love you!

jill s said...

you are surrounded by people who love and adore you!

we miss you SO much.

keeping taking it one day at a time.

your post is perfect.

love you sooooooooooo much.

xx

jill s said...

p.s. Sage is not a fan of my grammer. Ha! :)

Mom said...

I love the quote you found by Pres. Uchtdorf! That's perfect. Love you!

angela hardison said...

love and hugs and prayers sent your way...

just keep surrounding yourself with friends, family, God's love and those beautiful words of comfort. (i love elder uchtdorf.)

Molli loves Tyler said...

Oh Mindy. I'm so sorry. You're for sure in my prayers. Know that you are loved and whenever you wanna come craft and eat chocolate with me, please, PLEASE let me know.

kate said...

love you so much mindy. i wish i was there right now...


and to make you laugh my word verification is "pee in" haha.

L Garcia Muro said...

Hi, remember you are never alone, God is always with you, leave everything in his care, and he will walk with you to strengthen you, to comfort you and to guide you. God can fix anything when we can't.

www.marriagewithgod.blogspot.com

Tim and Amy said...

i love you mindy.

sorry i'm a serious slacker on checking blogs since i'm in AZ now. love you so much.

Traci Butler said...

Mindy, I am terrible with knowing the right thing to say - so I guess all I will say is that I am so sorry you are going through this and I have been thinking about you. I hope you are able to keep your chin up!

Plombier Nanterre said...

Plombier Nanterre